HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT YOUR FITBIT CONNECTION
ISSUE: There can be instances when your Fitbit is connected to the site, but none or not all of your activity data is syncing. This can be caused by, but not limited to, the following reasons.
- Limeade is not authorized to sync your activity data.
- Your device is not connected to a device enabled activity.
- No activity has been synced from your device to your Fitbit account.
- The wrong Fitbit account is synced with the wellness platform.
STEPS TO RESOLVE: Please be sure to carefully follow each of the steps outlined below to resolve your issue.
- Log into the platform.
- Click on the device icon at the top of the page and select your device connection.
- Click Disconnect for the Fitbit Tracker.
- Go to the Home page and open the device enabled activity. Click on the three dots in the top right corner of the challenge. Click Remove from My Plan.
- NOTE: If you are on a team in this challenge, please skip this step.
- You will not lose any points already earned for this challenge.
- Sign out of the platform.
- Log into your Fitbit account at www.fitbit.com
- Click the sprocket icon and choose Settings.
- Click the Applications tab. If you do not see the Applications tab skip to step #10.
- You should see Limeade as an authorized app. Click Revoke Access.
- Click the Personal Info tab. Check to make sure that the email address for your account matches the email address you are using to connect your device with your wellness platform.
- Click the Dashboard tab. Depending on your settings your Dashboard may look a little different. Check to make sure your activity from your device is syncing with your account.
- Log out of Fitbit.
- Log back into the platform.
- Click on the device icon and select Connect a device
- Click + Connect next to the Fitbit Tracker.
- You should be asked to authorize your Fitbit device. There are two types of authorization prompts you might see.
- If you have successfully logged out of your Fitbit account you will see this type of authorization. Please be sure you enter the email address and password for the account associated in step #13.
- If you have not successfully signed out of your Fitbit account you will see this type of authorization. Please be sure the email address matches the account associated in step #13.
- Go back to the Home page and re-join your device enabled challenge. Click the challenge tile to open the challenge and then click Join now. You should see your Fitbit is connected to the challenge.
NOTES: Based on how frequently your device carrier sends us your data, we continuously update your synced activity throughout the day. A final sync of the day’s activity is processed nightly at 11:59 pm PDT. After you have taken the steps above please be sure to sync your Fitbit device with your Fitbit account. Your Fitbit account will sync with your wellness platform overnight. Please check the wellness platform the following day to ensure your activity is syncing correctly.
- If you manually track your activity in Fitbit you must add Duration time to your activity. If you do not add Duration time your activity will not sync with the Limeade platform.
POSSIBLE ERRORS WHEN CONNECTING
- Be sure your Fitbit account has been confirmed via email. When you initially set up your Fitbit account you should have received an email to confirm your account. Please be sure you have confirmed your Fitbit account via that email.
- Connect to our site via a Private Browsing window. Open a Private Browsing or Incognito browsing window. Once you have the window open, go ahead and connect to the limeade site and take the steps to connect your Fitbit device. This will allow you to type in your Fitbit account information, instead of your web browser automatically filling this in.
- Fitbit Authorization. When you are prompted to authorize your Fitbit, please be sure you have activity, exercise, and profile checked. If you do not have these checked then you will not be able to connect your Fitbit. We do not use this information, but it is necessary to “allow” so that a full connection is made.